Saturday, May 30, 2009

Vamsee Pelli Sandhadi - Part 4

Part 4 : THE BACHELORS PARTY

I had to be in Cochin for couple of days on Business; I flew back on 16th night. The bachelor's party was due at 1900 hrs on the 17th. Well i had little less than 12 hrs to get the party going. Cometh 17th morning i rushed with Nani anna and Teju to book the hall, menu for food & booze and bought "stuff" for the party. I tasked Vijay (cuz,who will later be the DJ for the nite) to get as many songs as possible together for the party. We blinked and it was 5:00 in the afternoon and we have no script in hand yet. Nani anna helped me in creating a very quick script in 30 mins, short but looked effective. I was supposed to do solo for which i had done no practice. God bless internet and god bless youtube. I took a quick look on youtube the songs i was due to perform and it was 6pm. Put my best shirt on with hair all moosed up i was all set to head out to party when amused by my hair style, dad almost combed it to a perfect shape but i managed to fight him off and yelled "Chalo Supraja Hotel"

The venue was a pleasant surprise to everyone as it mimed a discotheque. The concept of the hall was to portray a dark rocky enclosure with single disco light flashing. Vamsee looked impressed when he stepped in so i was pretty happy on Kaushik's choice. Vamsee's frens slowly trickled in and about 8:30 we started the proceedings.

"Bachelor's party" by definition must have an item girl performing. I had very little time to hire an item girl for lap dancing vamsee but even if i had time my family would have disowned me for such an act ;). In order to steer clear of the risk of being disowned I had to fill in for the item girl for an item dance on "Kajra Re Kajra Re" (How much ever special i wanted this party to be for my brother, i could not convince myself to lap dance him;)). Youtube Helped! I got the right matkas and jhatkas for the crowd to go hai hai ;). My matkas earned me 200 bucks by the time i was done dancing on the song.

What was evident in the performance was Chemistry between Ash (lalit) and Abhi (Siddu anna). Ooohhh Yess.... popat raja rocked the stage. This was the first time anyone present there had seen Siddu anna shake a leg and boy was he shaking it well. Apparently Kajra Re is siddu anna's song. The moment you hear abhi's line "Kajra reeee" you will find siddu anna running from some corner of the room to the center stage with open arms. We sprinkled few activities in between { 1. Blow me up 2. One minute Groom 3. My Fantasy) and had opened the dance floor.

You should never ever fail to notice two individuals on any dance floor. Both come from extremely unique schools of dance thoughts:
1) Sreenu Bava: He was in his own world the whole night. The amount of comical relief you extract just by watching him dance is insurmountable.
2) Vamsee: First peg - I will shake my leg; Second peg - I will shake my hip; Third peg - I will shake youuuu!!! He dances only when he is drunk and when he does dance it is an absolute delight to watch. He moves and we are forced to assume it to be a dance. Since this doesn happen too often next time i will make ppl pay up to watch this amazing once in a life time event.

Mandu padithe samanyudu chandra babu naidu avuthadu annattu porapatuna mike chethiki isthe, ichina prathi okkaru oka 10 mins sodhi kottesaru. The dance floor was as chaotic as it was for our college parties with cake fight and near sexual assault by rami reddy. At 1 am i pulled the plug and we headed home after an eventful bachelors party.

The night was an absolute delight and a great success. Vamsee had an ear to ear smile all through the night meeting 20 of his frens together at one place after really long long time. He was pleasantly surprised by a reclusive Rami Reddy dancing and Pratap Reddy being a genuine sport. He was sooo happy that he thanked me for the whole event two days later ;). I was happy that i did manage to make it special for him.

And Yess i will dance on all bachelors parties and my going rate is 200 bucks ;)
(Conditions Apply like no lap dancing)

1 comment:

kaaya's said...

hahahhaha ..kya baat hain..bhai ho to aisa :)